As we all know, Instagram is one of the biggest social media platform there is. Bloggers and non-bloggers alike, grow their Instagram following through tons of engagements. One of the biggest reason why you get traction on your profile is how you manage your feed and how you style it.
Related Posts: Blog and Social Media Tips
In this post, we will learn how to create those stylish highlight covers that will give your feed the “wow” factor. This also helps attract new engagements and represent what your brand is. In case you’re wondering, this is how my highlight cover look like and if you notice, they don’t have a highlight title. When I updated my covers a couple of days ago, I received a ton of compliments and questions about how I created it and how I managed to get that “invisible” highlight title. Well my friends, I will show you.
Are you following me on Instagram yet? Let’s be friends!
First of all, you don’t need to be a graphic designer to create a fantastic highlight cover. All you need is an eye for style, your personal take on your brand and some useful apps that will help you all the way. Below are simple steps on how I created my stylish highlight covers and how to achieve that no text highlight title. Don’t forget to read until the end for your FREE download.
Let’s first create our highlight covers.
- Go to Canva.com. Choose “Find A Template” on the left hand side. Type “Instagram Story“.
2. You can either choose from all the templates that they already have or you can create your own. As for mine, I created it myself.
3. Once you have your choice, the possibility is endless. For my highlights, I used the font “Lemon Tuesday” and the shade “ffe4e1” You can then adjust the size and make sure it’s centered. You don’t have to worry if the font size is small because you can always adjust it on your Instagram.
Now off to the fun part. We will learn how to achieve that invisible highlight title. This is great if you choose to create a text highlight cover instead of icons. Just a quick disclaimer, this is something that worked for me (I have an iOS) and my Mom (Android). Someone informed me yesterday that it didn’t work for them, she has an Android too. I hope this would work for most of you reading this but if not, let me know.
Getting that invisible text for your highlight title is super simple.
- Go to this site.
- Double click on the space between the “( )”.
3. Copy and paste it on your highlight title. And you’re DONE!
Super simple, yes?
If you’re like me, who wants everything to be neat and tidy, this is a game changer. I didn’t like that you can see the text title AND the title of my highlight cover. Now this should make our highlight cleaner and more attractive.
Let me know if this worked for you. Share a screenshot of your highlights below and don’t forget to share this to people that you might think will love the “text-less” highlight cover.
Don’t worry, I did not forget your FREE downloads. As my way of showing my appreciation, here are some highlight covers I created (just like mine) for you. Enjoy!