* Disclaimer: This post contains an affiliate link.
Today I had some “me-time” and planned a trip to the nail salon. I have this favorite place where I get my nails done and I am obsessed with how they take care of their customers. But while I was driving to drop my kid off to school, I realized, why not do a DIY?
When I go to the salon, I end up paying around $50 and that does not include tip yet. A bit expensive but you sure get what you pay for. I decided to just buy an acrylic kit from my local beauty store.
Before I went to buy one, I researched (because acrylic nails needs to be researched LOL!) to see what’s the best DIY Acrylic kits out there. A lot of people recommended the Kiss Products Complete Salon Acrylic Kit, 0.57 Pound
I paid for $12 for the kit and it has everything you need for an at home DIY acrylic nails.
The kit includes:
- 24 White Tips (for French manicure)
- 40 Natural Tips
- Acrylic Liquid
- Clear Acrylic Powder
- Acrylic Brush
- Nail Glue
- 2-Way File
- Manicure Stick
The nail scissors are mine 🙂
Now for the review……(drum roll)
- As a first time user, it was very easy to apply. I did watch a video before starting just to give me an idea but after that, it was just go go go!
- The glue works very great, as long as you don’t let it touch your skin. I found it the hard way LOL!
- WARNING! I repeat – WARNING! The acrylic liquid has a very STRONG (emphasis on that word!) smell. I had to stop and move to the bathroom away from my daughter because it was just so bad! Pretty much like the smell of a salon. It gave me a headache!
- The nail tips don’t come with extras, so make sure you don’t mess up when placing it on your nails.
My final verdict – I am going to purchase it again for sure. The smell was a bit of a let down but as long as you do it in the bathroom or any place with the fan on – you should be good or wear one of those masks like the salon.